CONDUCT A COMMUNITY FREEDOM RALLY
WHY HAVE A RALLY?
One of our country's greatest enemies is ignorance. Many citizens simply do not understand the uniqueness of America, our founding principles, and why it all matters. The greatest way to fight ignorance is with the truth.
The local church is the "pillar and ground of the truth". It is easy to complain about the problem, but not as easy to do something about it. A major goal of hosting a rally is to get the truth of America's founding to the "man on the street".
This can accomplish many positive things such as the following:
1) Celebrating "One Nation Under God"
2) Uniting citizens in the community
3) Allowing your church family to serve the community
4) Educating others in the principles of personal and political freedom
5) Honoring the military and first responders
6) Creating patriotic memories for young people in your community
7) Building relationships between church members and community leaders and citizens
8) Allow for greater opportunities to present the gospel throughout the year
IMPACT YOUR AREA
One effective way for a local church to impact their community with the truths of freedom is by hosting a Community Freedom Rally. (The pictures above are from the annual rally conducted in Rolla, MO by the Landmark Baptist Church.)
1) Help strengthen America's foundation
2) Fight ignorance by educating others
3) Create patriotic memories for children
4) Encourage the God-fearing patriots who live in your community
ACTIVITIES YOUR COMMUNITY WILL LOVE
You may come up with several ideas for activities during the picnic time of your event. Here are a few suggestions that have proven to be successful:
1) Petting Zoo
3) Rock Climbing Wall
4) Mechanical Bull
5) Wagon Rides
6) Horse Rides
7) Army Jeep Rides
8) Candy Cannon
9) Static Displays
10) Bald Eagle
11) Fife & Drum Group
12) Costume Competition
13) Face Painting
14) Revolutionary Characters
SPECIAL SPEAKERS YOUR COMMUNITY WILL LOVE
It is a great idea to have at least 2 speakers at your event to educate and inspire the audience. If they are well known, or have a great story, they will also help to draw a crowd. Here are a few suggestions:
1) Active or retired military
2) Popular local personality
3) Sports figure
4) Senator or other public official
5) Author of political science or history book
6) Naturalized citizen with interesting perspective
IDEAS REGARDING FOOD
Good food can turn any gathering into an event! Decide what level you think you can handle and then make it happen.
1) Keep it simple
-Watermelon, Homemade Ice Cream, or just Funnel Cakes
2) Go big
-Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, Sides, Drinks, Desserts
3) Separate Desserts
-Funnel Cakes; Deep Fried Oreos, Chocolate Chip Cookies, etc.
GET LOCAL BUSINESSES INVOLVED
If you will have someone make the rounds to the local business owners, many of them will chip in to help financially. It is possible then to include them in a "Sponsor Book" that can be handed out at the event.
PAYING FOR YOUR EVENT
1) Church Offerings
2) Picnic Charge
3) Sponsor Book
4) Bartering (Radio, Newspaper, etc.)
5) Donation Bucket
Pastor, feel free to download the checklist below to use as a guide for your event. Don't hesitate to call Darren Myers with questions.